Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 35


Week 35:  August 22-29
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain: 22 pounds--I start my weekly Dr. appointments tomorrow, so I'm pretty sure I'll find out that this number has gone up.  
Maternity clothes?  All Maternity---unless I'm at home by myself.  In which case, I'm usually wearing a stretchy tank top that doesn't quite cover the belly.  This dress was a hand-me-down from my BFF--so comfy!    
Stretch marks? nope--they're not happening!
Sleep:  This week it has become harder to sleep.  I'm spending lots of time laying in bed staring at the ceiling and thinking about the things I have to do.  Then, when it's time to actually get up, I don't have much motivation to actually do them.  My intentions are good though!
Best moment this week:  We unpacked and put together some of the baby's things (stroller, carseat, pack N' play, bouncer) this week.  As JB was wheeling the stroller around the house, it hit us that we will have a REAL baby here in just about a month!  Craaaazy.  
Miss Anything?  Breathing regularly and feeling comfortable with normal temperatures.  I feel like I am ALWAYS hot.  Normally (and by normal, I mean pre-pregnant), I always carry a sweater with me just in case the A/C is on.  Sweaters aren't needed much these days.  We went into NYC this weekend, and I was huffing and puffing AND sweating after climbing one flight of subway stairs.  Glad I don't have to do that every day!
Movement: Yes.  They are starting to get a little uncomfortable.  I wouldn't say that they really "hurt", but they are so strong that they are taking me by surprise. Sometimes I have to catch my breath after the jabs to my ribs or bladder.   
Food cravings: blueberries, nectarines, string cheese
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Coffee smell...yuck.
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness! 
Symptoms:  I've had lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but they seem to settle down with rest and water.  (Knock on wood)--the heartburn has settled down a little bit.  Maybe this means that baby's hair all fell out??  Haha...we'll see if that old wive's tale is true. 

Belly Button in or out? Pretty flat today!  
Wedding rings on or off? on--The day we went into NYC I was pretty swollen (fingers and feet), and it was the first time I could feel my rings squeezing my fingers.  I could still take them off them though.  

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-) 
Looking forward to: 
Taking some pictures of the nursery this week!  The furniture is all in, and now I can start figuring out where things are going and hanging pictures up.  The bedding that I ordered from Etsy should be shipped this week too.  Stay tuned! 
 

1 comment:

Carol S. said...

Want to see pics of the nursery :)