Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Week 34

Week 34:  August 15-21
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 34 weeks (for a few more hours anyway!)
Total weight gain: 22 pounds--I had gained 4 pounds in the past 2 weeks.  
Maternity clothes?  Yes--mostly shorts and tank tops.  The shirt in this picture is not maternity.  It just happens to be big and stretchy enough to cover the bump.  The shorts are Motherhood Maternity gray cargo shorts.    
Stretch marks? nope--they're not happening!
Sleep:  Sleep is about the same--interrupted, but not terrible.  I've only been able to sleep on my left side during the past few nights.  It's definitely a challenge to roll out of bed during the many trips to the bathroom.  
Best moment this week: On Sunday, my mom and sister threw me a beautiful baby shower.  I loved all of the decorations (blue and animal print)--too cute!  Of course, there were lots of Pinterest inspired baby shower foods, and everything was delish.  It was fun to see friends and family I don't see all of the time, and everyone was so excited to celebrate Baby Dustin.  We came home with two carloads of super cute gifts for Baby Boy, and I've been digging through it all taking closer looks at everything.  It's like Christmas!  Hopefully I'll have some pictures from the shower later this week.  Thank you for making it  so special for me.  XOXO
Miss Anything?  No--I'm just enjoying my last weeks feeling all of the baby kicks and bumps. 
Movement: Yes.  He is a mover and a shaker!  You would think that he would be running out of room, but it doesn't seem like it.  I was excited that my sister could feel him having the hiccups this weekend too.  He wouldn't move around much, but she definitely felt the hiccup jumps. 
Food cravings: apples with peanut butter, yogurt, ice water (If I drink any more, I will float away.)  On the positive side, I think this is why I haven't had too much swelling though!
Anything making you queasy or sick: No--there isn't much room for big meals though.  If I eat too much at once, I start to feel nauseous.  So I feel like I'm constantly grazing all day long. 
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!  Although after our Lamaze class, I felt like I was having all of the signs of pre-term labor.  That's what happens when you get all of that information!   At our Dr.'s appointment on Friday we had another ultrasound to check for growth.  The ultrasound tech kept saying what a big, healthy boy he is.  He measured at 6.1 pounds on the ultrasound, and was in the 69th percentile for this point in pregnancy.  Based on that number, the doctor would like to see him continuing to gain 1/2 pound each week from here on out.  She estimated that if he is on time, he would be 8.6 pounds at birth. WHOA--big baby!
Symptoms:  I've had lots of Braxton Hicks contractions, but they seem to settle down with rest and water.  The breathing while sitting is still a challenge too. 
Belly Button in or out? It's an innie today.  
Wedding rings on or off? on--no problems with finger swelling (yet)

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-) 
Looking forward to:  A relaxing week with some time to
get things organized, do laundry, and rest!  The weather has been cooler and less humid, so I'm going to try to squeeze in a pool afternoon (or two) and a few evening walks.  Maybe I'll even cook dinner one night.  :-)  This weekend will be another busy one with a breastfeeding class, a trip to NYC to see a show, visiting with friends, and attending a baby shower for a friend.  I love that we're living back in NJ, and I'm getting to spend time with some of my favorite peeps!  Have a super week everyone!
 

No comments: