Thursday, August 16, 2012

Week 33

Week 33:  August 8-14
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 33 weeks
Total weight gain: 18 pounds 
Maternity clothes? Sorry--no time for a chalkboard picture this week---we were very busy!  This picture was taken in Boston at my beautiful baby shower, and the dress is from Motherhood Maternity.  So comfy!  You can't see the nude peep-toe pumps I was sporting in this picture, but my the time the shower was over my feet had blown up to 3x normal size.  I think my days of heels are limited in the next few weeks! 
Stretch marks? nope--they're not happening!
Sleep:  Sleep is overrated...right??  I'm definitely tired and ready for bed by 10:00 most nights.   But sleep doesn't last all that long between all of the bathroom breaks.  On the plus side, I've been getting up earlier and getting things accomplished. 
Best moment this week: We had a great trip to Boston this weekend, and enjoyed a wonderful baby shower thrown by my mother-in-law, Linda Dustin.  She truly knows how to throw a party--there were lots of sweet little details.  From the cake (which had different elements representing both JB and I), to the favors, the flower arrangements, and the yummy food---no detail was left untouched!  We had such a great time catching up with family and friends we don't get to see often, and we feel SO very blessed by how generous everyone was in their thoughtful gifts for Baby D.  Below you'll find more pictures from the shower!
Miss Anything?  No--I'm just enjoying my last weeks feeling all of the baby kicks and bumps. 
Movement: Yes--all of the time.  I was buying something at Target the other day, and the check-out lady said, "WOW--I could see that!"  You have a dancer in there.  We'll see if he got JB's dance moves.  ;-)
Food cravings: watermelon, donut peaches, the Lean1 (chocolate, bananas, protein powder, and peanut butter) smoothie from Smoothie King (I've already had one this week, and can't wait to get another when we're back in Flemington for our doctor's appointment!) 
Anything making you queasy or sick: No--luckily.  I'm finding that I have to eat smaller portions more often, because I'm getting full really fast.  Not too much room in there anymore!   
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!  We have a doctor's appointment this Friday with another ultrasound.  I'm excited to see the little guy and how big he has gotten. 
Symptoms:  Pretty much the same--hard to breathe while sitting, swollen feet at times, restless legs -- nothing too unbearable though.
Belly Button in or out? And, it's back out!  This changes daily. 
Wedding rings on or off? on--no problems with finger swelling (yet)

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-)  What's not to be happy about??  It has been so fun getting everything unpacked and organized in the baby's room this week.  So many TINY things...  We are starting to stress a bit about the whole "naming this baby thing".  He is truly nameless, and I'm hoping that one day a name just "comes to us".  We'll see if that happens!
Looking forward to:  This coming weekend will be very busy.  On Saturday, we have an ALL-day lamaze class at the hospital.  I'm curious to see how JB handles all of this "education".  I think it's finally sinking in for him that this is REALLY happening.  Then, on Sunday, my mom and sister are throwing us a baby shower.  I can't wait to see lots of family and friends again and share all of the excitement this little man has brought us.  


Here are a few more pictures from our shower in Boston this past weekend! 


 
Our yummy cake---complete with Snoopy and Guitar for JB, and an apple for the teacher--me!

I like the perspective in this one---that's a real server behind Snoopy.  She's posing.

Mother and Son

Thank you for all of your help, Michael and Michelle!
Baby Weight Guess---My sweet brother-in-law guessed 9 pounds, 5 ounces.  OUCH--nice guy.
Thank you Linda for a perfect shower!
He was having way too much fun with all of the toys.
The first of many Red Sox gifts for Baby!






 

No comments: