Monday, September 3, 2012

Show and Tell Monday...All About Fall!

 

I'm back with another "Show & Tell" link-up from Becky!
This week's topic is all about my favorite season:  FALL!   
As much as I love summer (lounging by the pool, hot days and warm nights, cooking easy summer foods on the grill, and on and on), I look forward to the changes that fall brings after Labor Day each year. 

1. Tell us what you are looking forward to this fall?  
I love everything about fall.  A few of those things?

The Colors:  Oranges, Cranberries, Deep Plums, Burgundies, Golds...One of the reasons I chose to get married in the fall was so that I could incorporate all of these pretty colors into our wedding.  Seeing the leaves change colors in New Jersey was something I really missed when we lived in North Carolina.  Here in New Jersey, it happens gradually over the course of a month or two.  It's so pretty to see the changes each day.  In North Carolina, it happened overnight, and you couldn't really enjoy the experience.  It went from HOT, HOT, HOT summer weather to winter.  

The Food:  I'm not a huge football fan, but I do love the food that goes along with football season.  That's enough to get me interested.  I started a board on Pinterest just for fall foods--all kinds of party dips, homemade mac & cheese, soups---all comfort foods! 

The Decorations:  This goes hand-in-hand with my love of fall colors.  I love decorating the house with pumpkins, gourds, and warm-homey smelling candles like warm apple crisp and pumpkin spice during the fall.  It always smells like a pie is baking.  I made these decorative bottles last fall and loved how it turned out.  I don't think I ever took a picture of how it turned out, so here was the inspiration photo.  Mine was pretty much exactly like it---can't wait to put it up again this year!



The Clothes:  Who doesn't love fall clothes?  Skinny jeans, lightweight cardigans, layers, scarves, and boots are all pieces of some of my favorite comfy fall outfits.  Let's just hope I can fit back into some of those skinny jeans this year!

2. Show us your fall style.
This is a great way to stretch summer into fall clothes...add some leggings or tights!
Love the combination of black and brown....and this bag is fun too!
I pinned these last fall, and I REALLY want some this year.  The boot socks are so cute sticking out of boots!
Nothing more comfy than leggings!
3. Tell us your favorite things to do in the fall. If you have children, activities to do with the kids?
 
Fall activities are just so fun!  I love apple picking, pumpkin picking, going for long walks looking at the fall leaves, the smell of hayrides...We'll probably do all of these things with our little guy this fall.  I bought this hat from Etsy and a bushel basket and CANNOT wait to take a picture like this in the apple orchard!

4. Show us your favorite fall beverage.
Is it even a question?!  I cannot wait until I'm wanting to drink coffee again (once I'm not pregnant), and this will be my first fall beverage!
 
5. Tell us, how you will be participating in Halloween this year. Plans? Costume ideas? 

For as much I love fall, I'm not a huge fan of Halloween.  Not sure why---just have never really liked it.  However, I am looking forward to dressing up a tiny little boy this year in a costume.   He'll only be about a month old, so we won't be doing any trick-or-treating.  But, he can still look cute all dressed up, right?  Here are a few of the costumes I've been looking at online.  What do you think?? 


The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Lil' Punkin
Sweet little owl
Tiny Turtle


Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: