Thursday, August 23, 2012

Shower Door Catastrophe=Solved!

This is going to sound ridiculous.  But, for some reason, I was feeling like I ABSOLUTELY could not have this baby until I figured out this domestic challenge---my dirty shower doors.  

As I mentioned in my earlier Pinterest post, I tried out a whole bunch of different products in order to destroy the soap scum and get gleaming, clear shower doors once again.  Since that post, I think I have tried something different almost EVERY SINGLE DAY to conquer this problem.  I used every cleaning product I owned, bought several more, and created my own concoctions out of household pantry items.  Nothing worked.  Until yesterday.  TA-DA!  It's a miracle!  

BEFORE...Don't judge! 


AND AFTER...

(Please disregard the overflowing trash can.  I could tell you that I emptied it immediately after taking this picture, but the truth is....It is still overflowing.  Maybe tomorrow)

For those of you who may be suffering from the same obsession, I thought I'd share the secret with you.

How to Remove Soap Scum from Glass Shower Doors:


1.  Spray this all over your shower doors (metal trim and glass parts).  Let it sit for 5 minutes.  WARNING--This stuff is extremely potent.  I probably should not have been using it while pregnant.  I pretty much held my breath while I sprayed and then fled the bathroom.
2.  After 5 minutes (or longer if it's really bad), wet a Mr. Clean Dry Eraser Bath Scrubber with some water.  Gently scrub off the Kaboom with the Magic Eraser.  It will get pretty sudsy.  
3.  Now, clean with regular Windex and a paper towel.  


Voila---Sparkly Clean Shower Doors.  You are welcome.  :-)
P.S.  Now, I feel that I can prepare the other 1,292,399 things I need to do before baby arrives.  

Disclaimer:  I did not receive monetary compensation for this post, nor do I have a professional relationship with any of the product companies shown above.  The above opinions are honest, unbiased and 100% my own.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you think the door got that scummy? Do you guys squeegee it after showering? If not, that may help. How often do you clean the shower? I try once a week but honestly these days, it's more like every two weeks. I use scrubbing bubbles generally and wear a mask. It helps with the fumes! I love posts about cleaning lol. -Jackie from Toronto

Unknown said...

Not sure, Jackie! We do squeegee often (although not every time). Since cleaning it this way though, it still looks great. AND---on an even better note, I hired a cleaning company to come in biweekly. So, hopefully they'll keep up with it better. :-)

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering because I have glass shower doors and they are slowly starting to get that buildup after five years but it seems to go away after we clean and returns if I go too long inbw cleaning. We have started biweekly cleaners too because I'm having a slightly complicated pregnancy. While I'm not on bed rest, I've been told limited activity and no work :( whatever is best for baby! 4 months to go!-Jackie

Unknown said...

Jackie....would love to see your pregnancy progress. No blog yet right?? Hang in there--you can do it! It will all be worth the big prize in the end. :-)

Nicole said...

Megan, VIA Pinterest I too have found something that works too and lasts a while! LEMON PLEDGE. Spray it on (inside only)scrub it in... rinse it off! Viola... It lasts a few weeks too! Try it! You will love it even more than daily windex!

Anonymous said...

Haha no blog. I just read other peoples! And I'm not tracking it on facebook bc I haven't publicly announced it cause I'm a little superstitious. I'm going on 23 weeks. I can hook u up with my fb but there's no baby stuff on it. -Jackie

custom shower doors pittsburgh said...

Excel Glass and Granite, Inc. are committed to their employee’s educational and personal growth.they are focused on their customer’s satisfaction.

custom shower doors pittsburgh

http://www.nanokleen.com.au said...

It is good to have a good place to stay in with. Having a nice shower room adds good impression on your house.

plumbing bathroom said...

Round shower doors open inwards and are ideal for corner stand-alone showers. Attached to the top and bottom of the frame for stability and smooth operation, the curved glass design creates a more spacious bathing area. This type of door is often reversible for right or left access.

Anonymous said...

shower doors
It feels awesome to read such informative and unique articles on your websites.