Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Week 32

Week 32:  August 1-7
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain: 18 pounds  (According to BabyCenter, Baby is about the size of a large jicama this week.) 
Maternity clothes? I'm pretty much living in shorts and loose dresses (or in several cases this week--not getting out of my pajamas at all). In this picture I'm getting ready to head to the pool---so it's a regular sized coverup with a bikini underneath--yup, I'm daring.  :-) 
Stretch marks? none yet!  My belly has been very itchy this week as it's stretching, but I'm trying not to scratch.  Time to load on the belly butter!
Sleep:  I've been having a harder time getting comfortable in order to fall asleep.  I have a serious case of Restless Leg Syndrome every night.  Once I'm asleep, I'm usually better though.  I'm still making lots of middle-of-the-night bathroom trips, and I've been asking JB to give me a shove to help me out of bed.  It's so much harder to "roll out" once you've been asleep for a while. 
Best moment this week: We had our maternity pictures taken this week.  During our session, we had so much fun with Heather from Sleepy Owl Studios.  Click on the link to see a few of the preview teasers.  We should get the rest back in a week or so.  I already have ideas about where and how I want to display some of them in the house.  I'm so excited to see the rest and even more excited for Heather to do our newborn pictures when Baby Boy makes his entrance. 
Miss Anything?  Nope-not really! 
Movement: Yes--all of the time.  I was resting a plate on my belly this morning eating breakfast on the couch.  A pregnant belly really does come in handy as a tray.  All of a sudden, Little Man decided to do some acrobatics, and the plate nearly flew off.  Funny stuff... 
Food cravings: watermelon, fresh tomatoes with mozzarella, fresh NJ peaches
Anything making you queasy or sick: No--luckily.  The heartburn kicks in at the strangest times though (hours after eating, in the middle of the night).  
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!
Symptoms:   Breathing while trying to do simple tasks, such as putting on socks and sneakers, is beginning to get difficult.  While sitting (especially on the couch), I find myself trying to catch my breath.  Things are a little squished up "in there"!
Belly Button in or out? This week, it seems to be an innie.  I wonder if this means that he has shifted positions. 
Wedding rings on or off? on--no problems with finger swelling (yet)

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-)
Looking forward to:  Our trip up to Boston this weekend!  We're planning to start our trek up to Melrose on Friday morning.  We'll see how many bathroom breaks we'll need to make along the way!  Normally, it is just about a 5 hour drive.  On Saturday, my thoughtful in-laws are hosting a baby shower for us.  I'm so excited to see lots of friends and family at the shower.  Some of them we haven't seen since our wedding (almost 3 years ago)!  It should be lots of fun--pictures to come next week!

Have a super week everyone!  
 

1 comment:

Jessenia said...

We miss you! You look great! Have fun this weekend! :)