Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Facts of Me {Linkup}



Today, Whitney from I Wore My Yoga Pants to Work is hosting a link up so that we can all learn more about each other.  In her own words, she's a very nosy blog reader.  Isn't it funny how we are so interested in the mundane little quirks of other people's lives??  So, here are a few FACTS about me, so that you know a little more about who I am!  

FACT-I have a problem with cleaning supplies.  I am a cleaning supply hoarder.  I have them all over my house.  There is a massive collection of cleaning supplies in my laundry room, a bucket of them under my kitchen sink, and buckets of them in each bathroom upstairs.  I admit it--I have a problem.  

FACT-I love the smell and feel of bookstores and libraries.  I could spend hours just hanging out in a bookstore or library.  I love the smell of books.  Even though I have (and love) a Kindle, nothing beats an afternoon with a good book.  

FACT-My closet is color coordinated.  And it drives me nuts when things are out of "color order". OCD anyone??

FACT-I have the nose of a hound.  I can smell ANYTHING from miles away (and this was only exaggerated with pregnancy).  My hubby with drink one beer at 3 in the afternoon, and I will be able to smell it at 11 pm.  He can't get past me!  OH, and I hate the smell of Red Bull--EW.

FACT-Everyone in my family has issues with certain words.  For example, I absolutely hate the word "moist".  It is disgusting.  I don't care what you are talking about--"moist" shouldn't be an adjective you use.  

FACT-I re-clean the bathrooms and re-fold laundry after my hubby tries to help.  I do appreciate his help--really I do.  But, I just like the way that I do it better.  I should probably learn to let that go.  

FACT-It bugs the crap out of me when people make grammatical errors in writing.  I find myself constantly correcting them in my head.  Their/There/and They're are NOT that difficult to understand.

FACT-I love pretty stationary.  I have a cabinet in my kitchen (and a box in my craft room) full of thank-you cards.  There is nothing better than a handwritten note on pretty stationary. 

FACT-I hate taking a shower if I don't have anywhere to be.  Really??  What's the point?  You know you feel that way too.

FACT-I love Bodypump and Yoga at the gym.  I miss it.  A lot.  I don't feel ready to leave Max at the DayCare center at the gym yet, and JB and I can't get our schedules together often enough so that I can get there.  I'm making it a goal to go 2x next week.  

FACT-I could put my makeup on with my eyes closed.  I don't know if that's a good thing, or if it means that my makeup looks really bad.  Lately, I'm looking and talking to Mr. Max while I'm doing my face makeup, and I look in the mirror after I've finished.  It's usually not so bad. 

FACT-I have a weird phobia of expired food.  If the milk in the fridge is even coming up to the expiration date on the carton, I throw it out.  Even if it doesn't smell.  GAG.  

FACT-Baking and cooking are therapeutic to me.  I love whipping up something yummy for those I love.
  
FACT-I constantly run back into the house to check on my hairdryer or straightener.  You know...to make sure I've turned them off.  Even though I KNOW I have turned them off, I still need to go back and check.  

FACT-At home I like to drink my coffee out of a mug that I can cup my hands around.  But, out in public, I like to drink my coffee with a straw.  Yes--even hot coffee.  I know--it's weird.  

Ok friends.  So those are a few random facts about me.  I can't wait to learn more about you through this linkup!  


3 comments:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Love it!! CUTE pic on the side too!!

pearl said...

I absolutely agree with the shower thing. I smell fine! lol.


Love pretty stationary and expired food! Yuck! I get paranoid.

www.thegirlnamedpearl.com

Lauren @ Love, Water and Wine said...

haha the last fact cracked me up. Hot coffee through a straw? I'll have to try! I can also smell anything from a mile away. When my friend had quit smoking and would sneak them, I would know as soon as she walked in (she didn't love my skill). :)

And the word "moist" is awful.

Newest follower here!