Monday, January 28, 2013

Must Haves for Months 2-3


I received a great response from all of you on my "Must Haves for Month 1" post.  Thank you!  As all of you mamas out there know--what works with your baby one day might not be a favorite the very next day.  Although we still use many of the items I mentioned during the first month, we have lots of new favorites now.  Click on the names of the items to see the direct links.

Toys




This was a LIFESAVER for sleep and playing.  Max has reflux, and the upright position of this seat is really comfortable for him.  In fact, he slept in it for almost 2 months. What I really liked about this is that it is almost the same height as our bed.  So, I could literally reach over and rock him without having to get out of bed.  Now that he's bigger and stronger too, he rocks it himself for fun.  **I know that this recently was recalled for "mold behind the fabric".  People--you need to wash these things.  Obviously, they will get wet with spitup and other infant bodily fluids.  If you don't clean it, it will get moldy.  Easy fix.  

Such a simple toy--yet they provide hours of fun.  This was one of the first toys that Max actually paid attention to when I put it next to him.  He likes to grab the rings, move them from one hand to another, and shove them in his mouth.  They are easy to throw in the diaper bag or to give him in a restaurant to keep him busy.  

I can't find an exact link to the one that we have.  The one in the picture is a bear, but we have the bunny version.  We call him Buster, and he goes everywhere with us.  He stays in the carseat, and Max loves to hold Buster up to his face when he is tired.  It helps him to fall right asleep.  I've been looking everywhere for another one, because I feel like we should have a backup Buster---just in case something happens to the original.  

I found out that Max liked this ball when he was playing with a friend's at a playdate.  It's easy to hold on to and easy to put in his mouth.  (This is the criteria for what makes a good toy these days.).  So, when I got home from our playdate, I decided I would go on Amazon to order one for him, since he liked it so much.  Luckily, before I did, I went to look in our toy box.  Because, we already had one--still sitting there in the box.  So, if you gave it to us--thank you.  He loves it.  

Apparel


I LOVE these sleepers.  They are SO cute and cozy.  Since we received this sleeper as a gift, I've gone to the Children's Place and bought at least 4 more. They are just so soft and have the cutest patterns. 

First, let me say that we received these as a gift.  I would never buy them myself, because they are a pretty penny-in fact I just got my own first pair of Uggs for Christmas.  They are just presh.

We have a wiggler.  From the time he was in the womb, he has been a mover and a shaker.  When he was a newborn, we were able to swaddle him tightly in blankets to calm him or put him to sleep.  He's just too strong for that now.  But, these SwaddleMe blankets have super strong velcro that hold him in like a little burrito.  

Our chunkster is outgrowing clothes faster than I can put them on.  So, even though people bought us 6 month clothing thinking he'd be wearing them in early spring, he's ready to wear them now.  Since a lot of them are short sleeved, I just put a long sleeved white onesie underneath.  He pulls off the college layered look very well.  They're also good to put under sleepers when it is really cold.  And, they look really cute with a pair of leg warmers when we're just hanging out at home with nowhere to go.  

Essentials




Regular soap works just fine, but I like the idea of using a "green" product when cleaning things that he puts in his mouth all of the time (bottles, pacifiers, teethers).  

These are key when you're out in public.  Because your baby IS going to drop (or throw in our case) his binky on the ground on that dirty floor (231,323 times).  These come in different flavors too--I think we have grape and strawberry.  Obviously, soap and water is best, but if you're out and about, these work really well in a pinch.  

I got tired of loading up my diaper bag with extra outfits for Max and myself.  I also had "extras" rolling around in my car like paper towels, another box of wipes, more diapers, etc.  So, I ordered one of these utility totes from 31 gifts.  This was my first 31 gifts purchase, and I think I'll be making more.  I really like it! Now, I have all of those extras in the tote, and it stays in the trunk of the car.  This way, if I run out of  wipes in my diaper bag or need an emergency change of clothes, it's all there ready to go.  

I had a hard time choosing a diaper bag, because I didn't want a cheesy pastic-y one.  This has lots of different pockets for all of the "stuff" that a baby needs, and it came with a matching changing pad.  I've washed the changing pad a whole bunch of times, and it has held up very well.  

Already in Month 4, we have some new favorites--so stay tuned for those things soon.  What are your go to things for months 2 and 3?

1 comment:

Angela said...

You are amazing! I just wish Max was born before July so I knew all this! Love your blog :) XO so proud of you!