Monday, September 17, 2012

Week 38



Week 38
September 12th-18th
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: 28 pounds--Baby is the size of a pumpkin (my favorite)!
Maternity clothes? I'm wearing a maternity tank and regular foldover yoga pants in this picture--I'm going for comfort these days.  I had to yank the shirt down to cover my belly for this picture.  At home, it usually just hangs out.  :-)
Stretch marks? nope--they're not happening!
Sleep: Eh...more napping than sleeping going on here. I might just start sleeping downstairs--the sleep seems to happen easier on the couch.  
Best moment this week: Celebrating our 3-year anniversary at home!  Hard to believe three years of wedded bliss have gone by already. Lots of exciting things have happened in those three years, and I can't wait for more.  XOXO
Miss Anything?  Energy--feeling kind of bla and low on energy these days.  I'm waiting for the final burst of energy. 
Movement:  Plenty of movement going on here.  I went to the doctor this morning, and the nurse was loving watching Baby's big lumpy moves. 
Food cravings:  We picked up some pumpkin ice cream from the local place down the street this week--yum.  I'm looking forward to a big bowl of it with some sprinkles tonight.  Still loving fresh fruit and ice water too!
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm getting some nausea like I was in the beginning.  It comes and goes at weird times.  
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: Yes--we have a feeling we might meet Baby very soon!  Contractions are happening every day and night, and we're just waiting for them to get stronger and more regular.  
Symptoms:  Like I said, I'm pretty tired and feeling kind of sluggish.  Other than that, just enjoying the last few days of kicks and moving from the inside!

Belly Button in or out? Outie!
Wedding rings on or off? Twice this week I had a hard time taking off my rings, so I've been chugging my water to ward of the swelling.  To be fair, on both of those days, I ate an everything bagel and pretzels (so the salt probably did it).  Eating extra salt is helping with the dizziness I was experiencing from low blood pressure though.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-) 
Looking forward to:  Meeting baby boy Dustin!  (And hoping we know his name when we finally see him!)  We're still taking last minute suggestions.  


Have a super week!
 

3 comments:

katharineanne said...

There have been a lot of M baby boy names lately. Max and Mason, which are both very cute names. Good luck and we'll be thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love your weekly posts! This is such a cute idea. Good luck

Stephanie said...

Stopping by from Table for Three- we are hosting the giveaway for a blog makeover together and I wanted to visit those who entered!

I am about 23 weeks pregnant- you look amazing though- I looked like a blimp at that stage with my first :) Good Luck with the giveaway!