Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Week 36



Week 36:  
August 30th-September 4th
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 28 pounds--That's right...I put on 6 pounds in one week.  People keep saying, "It's all baby".  I sincerely hope that this baby hasn't grown 6 pounds in a week.  In that case, he'd be over 12 pounds already. Please--no!  
Maternity clothes?  I'm wearing all maternity and lots of stretchy non-maternity clothes.  I put this non-maternity dress on just to take this picture.  It doesn't fit...not even close.  I couldn't wait to get it off.
Stretch marks? nope--they're not happening!
Sleep:  What is that??  I want to sleep more during the day, because nighttime sleep is more of a cycle of bathroom breaks than anything else.  
Best moment this week:  It is already the month of September, and you know what that means.  We're going to have a baby this month!  Hopefully--unless he decides he wants to be an October baby!  Everywhere I go, someone asks me when I am due.  When I tell them September 26th, they comment---oh that's only 3 more weeks.  Crazy that he will be here so soon!  The past 9 months have flown by so quickly. 
Miss Anything? Not too much---maybe getting out of bed normally.  It's quite a workout.
Movement: Lots of strong punches, jumps, and kicks these days.  People are noticing the "waves" from the outside too. 
Food cravings: peaches, pears, and apples with peanut butter--I can't keep the fridge stocked with fruit.  I definitely have to make a "fruit run" to the grocery store a few times each week. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I'm getting queasy after eating too much.  I feel starving, and I stuff myself.  But then I realize that there is nowhere for the food to go=upset tummy.  Better to slow down and eat smaller portions more frequently. 
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: A few contractions this week, but nothing that has amounted to anything.  They seem to go away with rest and water. 
Symptoms:  Feeling big and tired, but nothing too bad.  I can handle it. 

Belly Button in or out? Outie!
Wedding rings on or off? They are still on, but I've had indentations from them over the past few days.  Time for me to start drinking some more water or else I'll have to take them off.  

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-)  Tomorrow marks 37 weeks--which means that Baby D. could be here at any time.  We hope he stays inside to cook for a few more weeks though.  We want him nice and strong when he's ready to meet us. 
Looking forward to: 
I know, I know...I haven't posted nursery pictures yet.  The crib bedding was finally shipped today, and I want it all finished before I take pictures.  We did hang up some artwork and pictures in the room this weekend.  Today I'm heading to BuyBuyBaby and BabiesRUs to use our reigstry completion coupons to pick up a few last minute things we still need.  There isn't much to get, just some basic little stuff.  JB is in charge of installing the carseat bases this week too so that I can get them inspected at the hospital.  How weird that we're going to be driving around with carseats in our cars?!  Fun stuff!

Have a fantastic week, and stay dry out there today--it is a monsoon! 
 

4 comments:

Dani said...

You look great, Megan! Almost there!

by Kristy, Zach's mommy said...

awwww, such exciting stuff for sure!!! :)

both of my babies checked-out early. zachary was 32 weeks (water broke end of 31st), and allison was at 35 1/2 weeks. so, i'm always happy to hear a mommy-to-be say they don't want to have their baby early because they're big and feeling uncomfortable. since i never made it that far, i honestly don't know what big and uncomfortable really feels like at the end, though!

at the end of the day, boy or girl doesn't really matter, but healthy and strong does.....good for you guys!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

37 weeks already? Why does your pregnancy seem to be moving faster than mine haha. At least summer is over kinda, so I can cross that one off the list! Today was the first day of school, felt weird not going back, but with this rainy weather and month 6 morning sickness, I'm happy to be home. And 28 pounds is nothing! I gained 5 pounds over the last two weeks. Can't hide this belly anymore! Can't wait to see nursery pics! -Jackie

Emily Epstein to Some, Emily Klein to others, but you can just call me Em said...

However you feel, you still LOOK amazing!! Pregnancy surely suits you!!!