Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday Social

Sunday Social

I'm doing a link-up to Neely over at A Complete Waste of Makeup today. She's a quirky 20-something blogger who makes me laugh out loud several times a week.  I also totally get the name of her blog---there are plenty times when I feel like makeup, a good outfit, or even a shower are not worth it.  This week's Sunday Social is all about learning about new blogs.  Enjoy!


1. What is the name of your blog and how did you come up with it?? 
The name of my blog is "A Southern Belle from New Jersey".  It was a nickname given to me by my hubby when we first met.  We were both living in North Carolina at the time (hence the 'southern belle' part), but neither of us were from there originally.  I'm from New Jersey, and now we happily live back here.  But I'd like to think that I'll always have a little bit of that sweet southern style left in me. 

2. What do you love the most about blogging?? 
I started blogging originally to stay in touch with friends and family who don't live nearby.  We had just moved back from Raleigh, and I was missing my southern peeps.  Since then, it's given me a great chance to reconnect and stay in touch with those people.  It has also helped me to reach lots of "bloggy" friends out there.  Even though  I've never actually them met in person, I feel like I know some of them--their families, their stories, and their personalities  It's so fun to be a small part of such a bigger world out there.  

3. What are your 2 favorite posts you've written?

My Birthday Gift to Myself
This was a really fun thing I did for my birthday this year, and I was touched by the responses I got from everyone afterwards.  

Show and Tell Monday--Wedding Bliss
I just wrote this post recently, and it was so fun to think back to our special day.  

4. What is something you'd want to tell someone just starting out in blog world? 
Just write what's on your mind.  I'm not an expert, and I'm still trying to find my place in the blogging world.   My favorite blogs that I follow are the women who just write from the heart. 

5. Biggest blogging learning experience you've had? 
I have a LOT to learn.  I knew nothing about blogging when I first started, and I started out using Blogger in its most basic form.  Just now, I'm trying to figure out how to personalize my blog and make it fit my needs better.  I am not techy at all, so this has been a little frustrating at times.  What I'd really like is for someone to come along and redesign it for me....anyone want to volunteer?

6. Give us 3 blogs we NEED to be following that you love. 

Enjoying the Small Things
LOVE, love, love Kelle Hampton.  She is a beautiful writer who tells her most inspiring stories about being a mama to two special little girls.  I never walk away from reading her blog without having lots to think about afterwards.

The Life We Love 
I started reading Chelsea's blog when she was first pregnant with her little boy, Logan.  Now he's eight months old and such a cutie.  I like reading her blog, because she's so down to earth and we have a lot in common (former elementary teachers, new mama/mama to be, love shopping/monogrammed things, spending time with family, etc....).

From Mrs. to Mama
I just found Becky's blog about a month ago, but I really like her!  I've done a couple of link-ups to her blog already.  She has introduced me to a lot of other great blogs through her sponsors, and she has great giveaways (although I haven't won anything yet!).  I'd love to have her do my blog redesign someday too.  

Have a great week friends!  

**By the way---I've had lots of contractions over the past few days, so I'm laying low at home.  Maybe we'll have some baby news soon--stay tuned!
 

3 comments:

Dani @ Wine Cheese and All The Things said...

Found you through the link up :) I'll totally help you out on designing your blog if you'd like. I've done mine completely on my own. So, why not put all the good stuff I learned to use? Email me if you want to talk more about it.
Inspiremotivatelove@gmail.com

Xoxo
Dani

ChelseaSalomone said...

Megan~
This was so sweet of you to include my blog. It made my day!! I am not always good about commenting but I really enjoy reading yours as well.

On your last post you mentioned Moroccian (sp?) oil. I have been dying to try that. Do you think it would be good for someone whose hair isn't super dry? Like, would it make my hair too oily? I'm intrigued!

I am so anxious to see sweet Dusty's face. Although I noticed there wasn't a post this morning, so I'm wondering- is he already here?!?!

Unknown said...

No baby yet, Chelsea! Stay tuned!

I'm not sure about the Moroccan oil. Before I was pregnant, my hair was really fine and I couldn't go more than 1 day without washing it. So I can imagine that it would've made my hair super oily then. But when I said that to my hairdresser she disagreed. Give it a try and let me know how it goes---I have a feeling that my hair will probably go back to that texture after pregnancy. Good luck!