Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week 30

Week 30:  July 18-24
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain: +17 pounds (That makes 3 pounds in 3 weeks---ALL ice cream.)  At my doctor's appointment on July 20th, I had another ultrasound. This was probably my last ultrasound until the very end of the pregnancy.  Baby Boy measured to be 3.7 pounds and 16 inches long, and he was wiggling around the whole time again.  He would not cooperate and take a good 3-D picture, even thought the ultrasound tech tried patiently to move him around.  His hands and the cord kept getting in the way of his face in the pictures.  (According to BabyCenter, he is about the size of a head of cabbage this week.) 
Maternity clothes? I've had some questions from friends and anonymous readers (I know---so exciting that I have readers I don't even know!) about where my maternity clothes are from in the chalkboard pictures.  This dress is from Motherhood Maternity/Destination Maternity and is super comfy.  However, I was asked by multiple people (ahem) if I just attached the "rope" or if it was supposed to be part of the dress.  I had thought about wearing this dress for my maternity pictures we're having taken next week--time for Plan B after those questions.  What do you think I should wear for the photo session??  It is being shot at Deer Path Park in Readington, NJ. 
Stretch marks? none yet!  Lots of blue veins though!
Sleep:  I stayed over my parents' house one night this week, and my sister couldn't get over the number of times I went to the bathroom during the middle of the night.  That's an indicator of how soundly I am sleeping.  Luckily I've been able to take some naps by the poolside during the day.  :-)
Best moment this week:  I got a lot of "nesting" done.  Here's a list of things of things we accomplished this week: 
  • cleaned all of the downstairs windows (this took forever)
  • emptied out all of the kitchen cabinets and made a cabinet for baby bottles and such
  • my family dropped off the dresser and changing table for the nursery
  • cleared out most of my "office" and put the baby's things away in his room...next step is washing blankets/sheets/some clothes
  • JB cleaned out his office and you can see the floor again  :-)
  • tried out a new Pinterest cleaning trick for the shower/bathtub--and it worked!
  •  took my car to the shop to get fixed THREE times  (yes, this is what happens when you buy a new car---everything goes wrong with your other car)
Miss Anything? My BFF--I can't wait to go visit her and sweet baby Evelyn next week for a couple of days! 
Movement: Yes!  :-)  The party of baby dancing around 9:30 continues.  I've also been getting lots of Braxton-Hicks (practice) contractions where my whole belly gets really hard for about 20 seconds and then that goes away.  Very strange... 
Food cravings: Fruit, yellow American cheese, and cereal
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really--still not eating too much meat or drinking coffee.  I have had a cup or two of decaf coffee over the past couple weeks, but after a few sips I'm not interested in it anymore.    
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!
Symptoms:  I told the doctor that I'm having some trouble "catching my breath" after I've been sitting for a while.  (In fact this is happening right now as I sit on the couch typing this.)  She said it's completely normal, and it's just everything in there crunching my diaphragm and preventing deep breaths.  So, I'm guessing that will probably only get worse as I keep getting bigger.  I'm still trying to stay out of the heat or in the pool if I'm outside.  The heat and humidity this week was unbearable at times, and it just makes me feel yucky.  We barely turned on our A/C last year, but you can be assured that it's on full blast this year.  All in all, I feel lucky to have had such a pleasant pregnancy and I'm still feeling great most of the time. 
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake--but teetering on being an "outie"  It definitely sticks out after I've eaten a lot!
Wedding rings on or off? on--I'm really surprised that my hands and feet haven't become swollen with the heat.  I guess it helps that I'm not standing a lot or doing anything too strenuous.  

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-)
Looking forward to: 
1.  Going to see some of my brother Tim's games this coming weekend as he plays the Trenton Thunder in Trenton.  Come out and cheer him on if you are local! 
2.  Going to visit Ang, Joey, and Evelyn on Monday for a couple of days.  I can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks and chubby baby toes of hers!
3.  Trying to get at least one or two non-pregnancy related posts written this week.  Check back to see if I actually accomplish this goal! 
 

This picture is a little more accurate--The top one makes me seem a lot bigger than I really am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thnx for publishing this resource to the web.
Here is my website Maternity Clothes Online