Monday, July 16, 2012

And baby's name is.... _________!


Happy Monday!  I hope ya'll had a great weekend.  We were so productive and got lots of projects done around the house.  Tomorrow I'll post my Week 29 picture and post, because week 30 starts on Wednesday already! Here's a sneak peak: 


What's in a Name??

So, the great debate of naming Baby Boy Dustin has kicked into full gear.  We have chosen not to share our final name choice with everyone until Baby is actually here.  We decided this, because of several different reasons.  

#1.  We realize that everyone has their own opinion, and we may not always like those opinions.  When he's here and named, there isn't much anyone can say about it!  :-)  
#2.  We want to make sure he actually looks like his name.  What if he comes out, and he doesn't look anything like the name we have chosen?
#3.  We want everyone to be as surprised and excited as we are to announce his name.

Now, there have been plenty of suggestions given by my family in particular.  Most of them are funny and completely ridiculous.  I think the top contender right now is:   Farkle Dudley Pocket Abraham Dustin.  **This name is a combination of suggestions made by Andrea, my mom's friend Lynn, Tim, and Nick.  They are a funny bunch. 

Here's Where We Are in the Process:

My Opinion:  As a teacher, I have SO many name associations with students' (and parents') names from my past teaching days.  Some are good...and some are---well, not so good.  I do not want to choose a super popular name, because I don't want our kid to be one of four kids in his class with the same name.  At the same time, I'm open to both old-fashioned and unique names.  As much as I like the name Joe, we've decided that a Joseph Jr. is not in the cards--too confusing.  I'm open to using family names if they happen to work with our last name. 
JB's Opinion:  He is more concerned with the flow of a full name and the nicknames/initials associated with a full name.  He generally doesn't care for how names sound with 2 syllables or first names that end with an "n".  Hmmm---Doesn't that sound like my name??  Megan Dustin.


What Do I Need From You??
So, with all of that being said, I'm looking for some inspiration and suggestions from you--my readers!  How did you choose a name for your child?  What is your name suggestion for us?  You may be the lucky winner---how exciting would that be??  

Down below, click where it says Post a Comment (Found under:  No Comments or # comments).  In the comments section, write your suggestion or advice for baby naming.  You can either leave the comment with your gmail account name or leave a comment anonymously. If you want to leave it with your gmail account, you may need to log in to gmail if you are not already.  I can't wait to read your ideas.  Have a great week!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't say I'm not a fan of ALL names that end in "N", except for the ones that end in "TIN" so Justin Dustin is out.

Richard Robert Dustin - His nickname could be Ricky Bobby....ha

I got nothing else - but am looking for cool ideas just like you. :-)

Anonymous said...

Daniel Joseph Dustin, aka - DJ, Danny

Jack Joseph Dustin

Better idea... wait until he is born and see if he looks like a Ben, an Aaron, David, Zachary, Peter, Paul but NOT Mary...:)

Hugs...

Emily Epstein said...

Megan you look amazing!! It feels like yesterday we saw you at Paul and Lauren's and September seemed so far away!!
I'm fond of all traditional names. I'm not a fan of naming after avenues, rivers, or boroughs. The middle name after where the baby was conceived also freaks me out. Also changing spelling of a traditional name could really screw a guy up, I think (aka Jackson vs. Jaxon. Why?). But I guess that name is out anyway...two syllables, ends in an N. Or going for a cool name that nobody else has like "Phoenix"--really?? My favorite boys name is on the other comment but I won't tell you which one. I do enjoy multi syllable BOYS names that can easily be shortened to one syllable.(for girls I like the nicknames-Meg, Em, etc.) But boys hmmm.... Jonathan, Jeffrey, Matthew, Andrew(I like that that has two options), Anthony, Joshua, Christopher, Gregory. A two syllable last name ending in N....we'll have the same thing! How do you choose?! Traditionally, we will be stuck having to make the first or middle name start with the first letter of the last person that passed away in the family, so that'll make it a little easier...if we like the letter...
Cannot wait to see what you guys choose. And NO never tell anyone before they see it's cute little face!!!