Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Week 29

Week 29:  July 11-17
Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 29 weeks
Total weight gain: +14 pounds (as of my Dr. appointment on June 29th) I have an appointment this coming Friday (July 20th), and I have a feeling this number will change. 
Maternity clothes? Yes...I have been known to rip off the over the belly shorts at home though, because I can breathe better when I'm not all "suited up"!
Stretch marks? none yet!  There is still some time to stretch some more though.
Sleep:  Sleep has been rough this week.  Part of this has to do with JB's allergies keeping him awake all night--which makes me be awake all night.  I suppose that both of our bodies are getting us ready for the late night feedings. 
Best moment this week:  Our nursery is coming together!  I will do a separate post on this with lots of pictures once it is all put together.  This weekend, JB and my dad worked on redesigning Baby Boy's closet to give him lots of drawers, shelving, and clothing bars.  It looks great!  We also assembled the crib together without any catastrophes.  The dresser and changing table will be added to the room this weekend.  I also received a note from the woman I hired on Etsy to create/sew the crib bedding.  She's busily working away on the bedding, and it should be finished soon.  My mom made a curtain with the same fabric, and it turned out so cute.  I love it with the finished paint color on the walls.  Pictures to come soon!

Miss Anything? A good glass of Cabernet on date night
Movement: Yes!  :-)  There is a party in my tummy at exactly 9:30 pm every night.  He moves a lot throughout the day at different times, but I can always count on 9:30 pm as being his most active time.  
Food cravings: Fruit (peaches, nectarines, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries)....You name the fruit, and I have probably consumed it this week.  I'm still liking ice cream to cool down, and I've also had several apples with peanut butter this week.  I'm not normally a soda drinker at all.  However, I've been getting REALLY tired of drinking water.  There are only so many ways to doctor up plain old water (adding lemons, oranges, cucumbers, making it carbonated in the soda stream machine).  One day, I decided I really wanted a Root Beer instead of water.  Strange--I know.  But, it is caffeine free!  
Anything making you queasy or sick:  I'm getting hungry in the middle of the night when I'm wide awake, which makes me nauseous.  So, one night at 2:30 am, I came downstairs and then went back upstairs to eat a banana with peanut butter in bed.  I felt better afterwards.  
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!
Symptoms:  Nothing new...I'm starting to get a little tired later in the day.  I've been trying to go to the gym, and I've found that I have more energy on the days that I do make it to the gym in the morning to walk on the treadmill. 
Belly Button in or out? flat as a pancake--but teetering on being an "outie"  It definitely sticks out after I've eaten a lot!
Wedding rings on or off? on--I'm waiting for the summer swelling to start.

Happy or Moody most of the time:  Happy :-)
Looking forward to:  Seeing Baby Boy on the ultrasound this Friday!  I'll start having bi-weekly appointments after this week.  From this point on, all of my Dr.'s appointments need to take place in the hospital doctor's office--just in case.  (They have several office locations.)  On Friday night, we're also taking our first "Baby Readiness" class.  It should be fun to see JB learning how to change a diaper.  :-)  





No comments: