Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Week 24

Week 24:  June 6-13

Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain: +8 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes...And my sweet husband just told me that I look really frumpy today.  Nice guy huh??  Hence this awful picture...but today is the last day of Week 24, so it's going to have to do!  I'll try to look a little more put together next week.
Stretch marks? none yet! 
Sleep:  Sleeping better than I was last week--the allergies seem to be better (thank goodness).  I'm still wide awake everyday at 5 am though---workday or not.  Hopefully that will end once the school year does!
Best moment this week:   I ordered our nursery bedding this week--so exciting! I  found the bedding on the website called Carousel Designs, but I actually ordered it from someone on ETSY.  The same ETSY shop owner made my friend Katy's crib bedding, and she was really happy with her.   Plus, it was less expensive and I could pick and choose the pieces that I wanted in a package deal.   I'll post pictures of my nursery ideas and the bedding next week.  Now to get JB on the job of emptying his stuff out of that room and starting to paint!

Miss Anything?  Sushi..I had a vegetable roll this week.  It was pretty tasty, but not a substitute for really good sushi.
Movement: Yes!  :-)
Food cravings:  Ice Cream and Fro-Yo--I had some type of ice cream or custard every night this week.  It's calcium!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really....still eating very little meat, but I'm trying to up the protein with beans and peanut butter.  (not together!)
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!
Symptoms: The weather here has been really warm this week, and I'm finding that the heat is affecting me more than it normally does.  I'm usually able to sit out in the sun in 90 degree weather with no problem, but I'm finding that I'm getting dizzy and lightheaded when I get overheated.  Earlier this month when I went to the doctor my blood pressure was very low.  The doctor said that the heat is probably affecting my blood pressure and causing the dizziness.  So, I will be parking myself in the A/C or in the pool for the summertime. 
Belly Button in or out? almost completely flat
Wedding rings on or off? on--My fingers aren't swollen, but my feet sure have been every night.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :-) 

Looking forward to: the end of the school year (6 more days!)  It has been crazy busy, and I'm ready to get started on cleaning our house and getting baby projects done!  I also can't wait to go visit Ang tomorrow.  It's probably the last time I will see her before Baby Girl Edel is here--so exciting!

2 comments:

korr said...

Hey Megs! I had the SAME experience with the heat. It was almost like I overheated when out in the sun, even for a short amount of time. I ended up walking every morning when it was cooler to get my daily dose of sunshine. Best of luck..it's a hard transition for those of us who lived at the pool over the summer! Speaking of pools..try to get in one as much as possible! It does amazing things for those sore, tired feet!

crobb said...

I got Raegan's crib bedding from Carousel Designs and it was GREAT, but expensive. Glad we're having another girl to use it for!!! Hope to see you over summer :)