Monday, June 4, 2012

Week 23

Week 23:  May 30-June 6

Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain: +8 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes...and I'm loving the stretchiness!  JB came home one night from a business trip, and he had stopped at "A Pea in the Pod" and picked up this dress for me.  Cute, right??
Stretch marks? none yet! 
Sleep:  Not great---Allergy season is in full swing, and apparently allergies get worse with pregnancy.  My OB told me I could take allergy meds, but not the kind with a decongestant.  So, it pretty much doesn't help at all.  I've been spending half of the night on the couch sitting upright, and that seems to help a little. 
Best moment this week:   Our doctor's appointment...love seeing the little guy on the ultrasound.  The 3-D ones are still a little strange to me, but he looks so much more like a baby now.  Baby weighs 1.4 pounds according to the ultrasound, and is showing perfect growth.  He would not stay still for this ultrasound either!

Miss Anything?  Sushi and lunchmeat (and no I am not microwaving it--that is so gross!)
Movement: Yes!  :-)
Food cravings:  Ice Cream and Fro-Yo
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Not really....still eating very little meat, but I'm trying to up the protein with beans and peanut butter.  (not together!)
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!
Symptoms: I only get nauseous when I'm hungry.  So, I pretty much always have a snack nearby.  I'm starting to get a bit of the nesting bug!  We're clearing out the nursery room and starting on our registry in the next couple of weeks.
Belly Button in or out? in, but it's definitely disappearing!
Wedding rings on or off? on--My fingers aren't swollen, but my feet sure have been every night.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :-)...but there have been several moody moments this week.  I may or may not have burst into tears SEVERAL times this week for no real reason.  And my husband has been nice enough to "try not to" laugh. 
Looking forward to: the end of the school year (12 more days!)  It has been crazy busy, and I'm ready to get started on cleaning our house and getting baby projects done!

1 comment:

ep said...

LOVE the dress...Our little "Dusty" is sure cute. Oh, yeah, that crying thing, doesn't go away when you pop him out...I think I still had a couple of "spells" this week and you are 30! Get some rest. I'll help with the clean up. :)