Sunday, April 15, 2012

WEEK 15:   April 4-11

I am FINALLY feeling better!  All of a sudden, this week the nausea disappeared (for the most part), and I'm feeling much more energized.  They weren't kidding about a change happening in the 2nd trimester, and I'm so glad!  It's a good thing, because it was spring break this week, and we took a trip to Raleigh to visit friends. 

P.S. This chalkboard post is no lie.  I went through 2 LARGE boxes of strawberries this week by myself. My appetite is finally coming back, although the food aversions are definitely still around. 

Our Trip Back to Raleighwood....
I haven't been back to Raleigh since September, and we decided to take advantage of my time off this week to take a short trip there.  It worked out perfectly, because JB happened to have some work to do there as well.  Basically, he worked and I was his chauffeur between my gallivanting around to see friends.  

We spent the weekend with some of our favorite friends, Ryan and Melissa, and the cutest little girls ever--our goddaughters, Eleana and Livi.  We spent lots of time playing, catching up, and lounging around.  It was great!  On Sunday, Melissa made a yummy Easter dinner of lamb chops, asparagus, and roasted potatoes.  We followed that with chocolate covered strawberries--yum!  It was all so delish.  We also celebrated Elli and Livi's 4th birthday.  I can't believe that they are already four years old.  That is crazy to me!  I remember being out for dinner with R & M just days before they were born, and feeling so excited to meet them.  Now, here we are 4 years later, and we're getting ready to meet our own little peanut.  Melissa is one of my dearest friends, and one of the best moms I know.  I am going to be taking lots of advice from her. 
Big girls with their new scooters they got for their birthday!

A kiss from mom!  She was so serious about dying eggs.

Big Smiles!  Egg dying is fun....until you drop the egg. 











































On Tuesday, I made a visit to the elementary school where I used to teach in North Raleigh.  I spent a few hours catching up with coworkers, friends, and kiddos that I had in my classes over the past three years.  Durant Elementary School is such a special place, and I'm so glad to have spent three awesome years there.  I miss everyone there so much! 

Then, on Tuesday night we enjoyed dinner at our friends, Sara and Michael's house.  We met their sweet little girl Lainey, who was born on Christmas Day.  We loved getting the chance to catch up with them too.  You can tell that they are so in love with their sweet little lady.  I'm loving all of this baby time we've been getting!  

On Wednesday before we left, I got to meet up with Melissa for some grown-up girl time.  We enjoyed pedicures and a yummy lunch out.  It was the perfect end to our trip.  We were definitely torn about our move out of Raleigh when we decided to leave.  We have some great friends there, the weather is beautiful (it will near 80 during our trip), and the people in the south are so friendly.  I'm so happy that we get to go back to visit.  Hopefully our friends in NC will travel up to see us in NJ too.  You're always welcome!  Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

ep said...

I am craving strawberries too. Does that mean....?

Unknown said...

Haha...hope not! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your post made me feel so special! I'm all giddy and Ryan is just laughing at how "corny" I am. This Easter was one of our most memorable. Thank you and JB for spending a few nights with us! We need to plan a visit to see the new pad soon. Love you!!

korr said...

You are so cute and always so fashionable! Loving that little bump! Hope you're feeling well and enjoying every minute!