Monday, December 12, 2011

Happy Heart

     What a busy and eventful weekend!  For those of you who attended my first annual (yup, I'll do it again!) Christmas Cookie Exchange yesterday, I hope that you've all survived your sugar comas. I had a cookie for breakfast this morning.  Anyone else??  Check back tomorrow for pictures and details about our fun, sugar-filled afternoon!

      As for me, I've been lounging around on the couch this morning feeling so thankful and happy about my life right now.  It was difficult to leave my friends, co-workers, students, and godbabies back in Raleigh when we moved back here.  But, as I sit here this morning,  I am 100% positive that it was the right choice for us.  Although it's great to be here for life's big "events" (holidays, birthdays, etc), I love being able to share in the little things.  Here are just a few of those "moments" from the past few weeks that make me smile:
  • Dropping in to have dinner with my parents for "no reason"
  • An impromptu trip into NYC to meet old friends for dinner
  • Baking Christmas cookies in my beautiful kitchen with Michael Buble's Christmas album blasting in the background
  • Spending a Saturday morning hiking with my hubby and then having a yummy breakfast at a real New Jersey diner  (I know you're jealous of that last part, M.B.)
  • Getting to be "present" for really exciting and wonderful life-changing news from a special friend
  • Spending the morning grocery shopping and chatting with my sista...I know this doesn't sound all that exciting, but it's much more fun to do with her!  By the way, look how pretty she is:


          Lots to be thankful and happy about this holiday season!


         In other news, for those of you who haven't heard....Tomorrow, I will be approved as a long-term Maternity Leave substitute for a 2nd grade teacher.  I start on January 16th and will teach for the remainder of the school year.  I'm so excited to get back in the classroom and have teaching be a part of my daily life again.
       
        So, I'm wondering....is anyone actually reading this blog??  I've only gotten one comment, and it's from a girl I know only through the "blog world".  I'm so glad that you commented, Chelsea, but where are my friends and family??  Leave a comment at the bottom of the post so that I know you were here.  Make sure you become a follower too, by clicking Follow at the top of the screen.  Have a merry Monday!

    7 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats on the job! I read it!! And yes, your sista is beautiful....just like you and the other sista! :)
    I'm sorry I missed the cookie exchange...maybe next year!
    love you,
    aunt P

    Angela said...

    I AM!!! I am so thankful and excited that you are only 2.5 hours away! A quick day trip!! I was so blessed to be able to attend your wonderful cookie bake! I had a wonderful time Meggy P and you are truly the bestest hostest! I am so proud of you!!! xoxo

    ep said...

    Of course I am following..I too am very thankful for many thing, one of course is the fact that you and JB are here in NJ. Stop over anytime. xxoo

    bozzie said...

    Hello! love being able to drop in on you with just a click. Happy that the Cookie Exchange was a success. Love and smooches

    bozzie said...

    oh, BTW, you forgot to add CATS under your likes.

    Unknown said...

    I love the fact that we are back up north and so close to things that were so far away before.

    It's worth it's weight in snow. Believe me - we haven't dealt with snow in 5 years. This should be fun. Love you. JB

    A Blessed Life said...

    What a wonderful blogger you are! I'm just catching up on all of your posts. Thanks for the shout-out....i'm happy you and JB are back in NJ too! Everyday activities are SO much more fun with a friend. Love you! xoxox