Tuesday, December 13, 2011

2011 Cookie Extravaganza

      Yum, yum, yum....I am really glad my daily attire is yoga pants or leggings, because I'm pretty sure my jeans would be tight if I had to wear them.  On Sunday, I had a fun group of ladies over for my very first Christmas Cookie Exchange.  There were no boys allowed, and JB will tell you that I sequestered him to his office for the duration of the party.   It's more fun that way! 
      Everyone brought 6 dozen cookies or bars to swap and one dozen to sample at the party.  They are all delish, and I can't won't stop eating them.  So, let's take a look at some of the fabulous cookies and other yummy desserts everyone made.  (I apologize.  I didn't get a picture of every kind of cookie.  There was also peppermint bark, Frosted Brownies with PB Crispies, and Kiffles.)

Double Chocolate Espresso
Ricotta

Cream Cheese Almond
Turtle Tassies

Soft Molasses
Peppermint Kiss



Raspberry Jam Slices
Melting Snowmen

     There was lots of mingling and catching up with friends and family I don't get to see often.   In all of the hustle and bustle of the holidays, it was really nice to just sit and catch up with everyone. 

Here is a picture of my college girlfriends and sorority sisters, Ang and Shelly. 
Man, were we trouble in college together.  Ahhh...the stories I could tell!
These towels tell it all.  Thanks, Ang!



Chatting in the family room
Sisters!  Oh, they're both going to kill me for this picture!
Quality Control Testing...of course!
Everyone went home with a party favor and a recipe book full of all of the delicious goodies.

       Thank you everyone for coming!  So, I've had several friends ask me about the cookie exchange and what my favorite cookie was.  I just can't decide.  So, here's my question:  What is your all-time favorite Christmas cookie?  Leave your answer in the comment section!

     I put most of my cookies in the freezer, and I plan on bringing them up to Boston next week for Christmas to share.  SO, those of you in Boston...get your stretchy pants ready! 

1 comment:

ChelseaSalomone said...

Looks like a lot of fun! (And the cookies look ah-mazing!)