Sunday, May 26, 2013

I am a Basketcase

I know that kids get bumps and bruises.  It's all part of growing up.  What I didn't know was how hard it is to watch these things happen as a mom.  Max is crawling at lightning speed, and he's pulling himself up on anything (or anyone) he can hold onto.  He gets so excited when he's trying to get somewhere, and he gets a big smile on his face when he realizes that he's made it.  
Like his hair??  That's sunblock head!

"Hi, Mommy!"

He no longer likes to sit in the exersaucer...but will stand outside of it to play.



This morning, he was crawling around our kitchen floor playing with a cardboard box.  As he pushed the box and tried to stand up, he slipped and did a HARD faceplant into the tile floor.  Both JB and I were standing near him and watched the whole thing happen.  I've been trying not to react to his falls, but this time I couldn't help it.  JB said that he's never seen me jump and run so fast to scoop him up.  Max cried for a minute, but I honestly think that he was probably more scared by my reaction than anything else.  He ended up with a little cut in his mouth, and when I saw a little bit of blood coming out from under his binky, my heart sank.  He also has a small bruise on his forehead and nose.  As a mommy, you want to do everything you can to keep your baby safe.  And that's just not possible all of the time.  When I was telling this story to a friend at church this morning, she said, "My son is 12 years old.  Yesterday, he fell off of his bike, and I had the same heart attack.  It never goes away."  So, I guess I will forever be a "wreck".  Bring on the Xanax.  Just kidding... :-)

Sad boo-boo face

A little ice cube in the mesh feeder makes it all better!

1 comment:

Jessenia said...

This Post Really cracks me up, only because I know EXACTLY how you felt. I did the same thing the 1st time mia hit her face and there will be others! Why they hit their facese 1st, its beyond me!! Good Luck Mama on keeping calm, you will eventually let it go! ;) He is a stong boy, and loves his mama and daddy!