Thursday, February 14, 2013

GYB Blog Hop

Happy Valentine's Day!  Today I am excited to announce that that I am co-hosting a blog hop called Grow Your Blog, and this linkup focuses on networking bloggers.  Since I started blogging over a year ago, I have found so many fun reads by "hopping" from blog to blog.  During that time, I've gotten to know some really great women in the blogging community. If this is your first time visiting, welcome to A Southern Belle from New Jersey!  Please stay awhile and make sure to say hi.  I can't wait to meet you!

*****************************************************************************
Good morning and welcome to the Grow Your Blog (or GYB) blog hop, Valentines Edition! Paula and I are so happy to have you link up with us this week. And we happily welcome any new bloggers to the party! :) How has your week been? Do you have any plans for the weekend? What is the Grow Your Blog Hop all about? NETWORKING! Meeting new bloggers, finding new content to follow, building your readership. Why is blog networking great for you? Simply put, it increases readership and traffic to your blog. How do you network? Visit. Comment. Invite.
Communicate. These are key to growing your blog.

  growyourblog200a
THIS WEEK'S HOSTS & LOVELY CO-HOSTS!
WHEN YOU LINK UP TO THIS PARTY:
      • Follow your hosts and co-hosts
      • Link up the main page of your blog, not an individual post. You may link up your individual posts to Marvelous Mondays.
      • Visit and follow other bloggers
      • Comment to let them know that you stopped by and how you followed (Email, GFC, Facebook, Bloglovin, etc)
      • Invite them to visit your blog (be sure to leave your blog web address - too many times have i seen bloggers comment and request a visit to their blog without leaving their blog web address)
      • Communicate with them about what you like on their blog. Let them know you are interested in their blog. USE THEIR NAME! A simple "I'm so and so stopping by. I followed you please follow me." just isn't going to interest someone into visiting your blog. Sure, you can request a visit to your blog or a follow along but engage in some type of conversation first.
      • Grab a button and promote the party(you can get the button on This Gal Cooks right here.)
cohosting

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Valentine's Day Megan! Thanks for hosting. I am a new Follower from Jamaica.
Judy - Judy H-J's Thoughts

Bohemian Babushka said...

Hola Megan! Here from the hop for the first time, following you via GFC and wishing you a sweet ♥ day with your 2 valentines. Hope to see you at my dance; BB2U.

Leslie Germain said...

Hello Megan. Thank you for hosting. I am a new follower from www.thememorynest.blogspot.com Saw you little boy - ADORABLE. My little boy is going to be 8 next month and he always knows how to tug at my heartstrings. Enjoy him. Hope you will stop by and visit the memory nest blog. Leslie

Jenn said...

Hi Megan, new GFC follower here!

Happy Valentine's Day... and thanks for co-hosting :)

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer
http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca

Lindsey said...

Hello! :) I am also a Jersey girl but have since relocated to Maryland.

Love the pictures of Maxwell... He is super adorable!

Newest follower! Would love for you to follow back at toddlindsey.com

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower from GYB hop. Has anyone ever told you you look like Jen Schefft from The Bachelorette? lol It's a good thing.
Thanks for hosting :) Hope to see you at http://BoogiesNBooboos.com

Paula said...

Hi Megan!! I'm a new follower through the blog hop. Your little boy is adorable! Look at those big blue eyes and smile :))

I invite you to stop by this weekend and link up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party, and to follow back if you like :)

Paula
lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi!! Stopping by from the link up! I really like your blog! :)

Happy Valentines Day from your newest follower!!

Laura @ http://miceinthekitchen.blogspot.com/

AngieOuellette-Tower said...

You have a wonderful blog Megan!! I'm your newest follower from the “Grow Your Blog” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
Thanks
Angie

Jess said...

I'm a new GFC follower! Thanks for co-hosting & happy Valentine's Day!
Jess
http://homevolution.blogspot.com/

Liz Runningmomma said...

Megan,

I just started blogging and found you through another mommy blog I like to read. I love that you are a teacher turned stay at home mom. I'm a teacher on maternity leave and will be going back to work soon. I know I will miss my baby when I go and I totally related to your "Is this normal??" post. Thanks for hosting, I'm sure I'll find lots of other great blogs to check out!

Liz
www.arunningmomma.blogspot.com

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Hi Megan! So glad you are co-hosting the blog hop this week...gives me a chance to meet you and follow your blog....following now via GFC! Please visit me on my blog...musingsofavintagejunkie.blogspot.com

lilliesandsilk said...

Hello!

Thanks for co-hosting the blog hop and I'm your newest follower:) Happy Valentine's Day!


Carissa
Lillies & Silk

Kristin Dawn said...

Hey, new follower from the GYB blog hop. Looking forward to checking out more of your blog. :)

xo,
Kristin
aboutagirl.ca