Saturday, June 15, 2013

Happy Father's Day!





I've always loved my husband, JB for lots of different reasons.  He is understanding, compassionate, empathetic, kind to EVERYONE, and will go out of his way to help complete strangers.  When we became serious, I asked myself if I thought he would be a good father.  The answer was always yes---and he has proven this to be true this year.  Becoming a Dad is not something that came easy or natural to him, but he has worked hard at it and is an awesome Dad to Max.  We've been learning our roles as parents over the past nine months, and I really think we balance each other out in so many different ways.  

Max has always been very attached to Mommy.  After all, I'm the one who stays home with him all day, feeds him, comforts him, and rocks him to sleep each night.  When he falls down, he wants to be soothed by me.  But, Daddy....Daddy has a whole different role.  Max will crawl over to JB's office door during the day when he is working, and as soon as he sees his Daddy, he gets a HUGE smile that lights up his whole face.  And JB gets that same smile in return.  Daddy is "the fun one".  He knows just how to make those big dimples appear on Max's face--after all, he's the one who gave him those dimples.  

JB has given me many extravagant and expensive gifts in the years since we have been together.  There have been lavish vacations, fancy jewelry, dinners in famous restaurants with expensive bottles of wine, and one very pricey pair of Christian Louboutin shoes.  But all of these gifts pale in comparison to the best gift he has ever given me.  That is the gift of being a mother, and in being my partner in this wild ride we call parenthood.  

Happy First Father's Day to an incredible Daddy...my husband, JB!  

First Stroller Ride--4 days old!

One of our first days home--naptime!

Notice a theme?

Watching the Colbert Report with Daddy

Beer and Pizza Night

Look!  Daddy taught me how to stand in my crib!  {Awesome.}

Mommy left Daddy in charge...Hmmmm

Books before bedtime

Watching the rain outside--twins.

Taking a break during the workday to play with Cookie Monster


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I feel incredibly blessed to have so many great memories growing up with my own Dad.   I love seeing his relationship and how he interacts with Max now.  Max loves his Pops--their nightime walks before bedtime, swinging on the swingset in the backyard, and swimming in the pool. Happy Father's Day, Dad!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My husband is the man he is today largely due to his own father's influence.  And so, I have you to thank for that, Mark.  Max loves to see his Bup on Skype/Facetime, and can't wait to see you "in real-life" in a few weeks.  Happy Father's Day! 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Father's Day to all of the special dads in your life!  

No comments: