Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 21


Week 21:  May 16-22

Pregnancy Survey

How far along? 21 weeks
Total weight gain: +6 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yes--Since the weather has been warmer, I've been wearing lots of stretchy dresses.  I need to get some more capri's or shorts for the summer, but for now the dresses are the most comfortable!
Stretch marks? none yet!  I've been diligently applying my Burt's Bees Belly Butter--Thanks to Sara!  A friend also gave me Bio-Oil, which I'll give a try.  My mom didn't have any stretch marks, so hopefully this is not genetic!
Sleep:  Unfortunately, something that is genetic is the middle-of-the-night, wake-up-screaming charly horses I've been getting in my calves.  I've tried all of the tricks you've offered up on Facebook (drinking more water, upping my potassium with bananas, drinking more/less milk....I even tried the bar of soap at the end of the bed trick).  They don't work.  I'm hoping when I stop working in June and I'm not standing a lot during the day, this will help. 
Best moment this week:  Feeling some stronger kicks!  They started during week 20, but were more like little flutters in my tummy.  I couldn't feel them from the outside.  Now, they're stronger and more regular.  Little Man is up and moving around especially during these times:  5:30 am (when I wake up, 10:00 am (when I'm eating snack at school), 3:30 pm, and 9:30 pm (bedtime).  JB has even been able to feel him from the outside of my tummy.  I've also noticed, that my stomach changes shape when he's wiggling around--so weird!  I haven't seen any feet sticking out yet!

Miss Anything?  Sushi and lunchmeat (and no I am not microwaving it--that is so gross!)
Movement: Yes!  :-)
Food cravings:  Lots of fresh fruit--strawberries are so good right now!
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Luckily not right now!  I still have no desire to drink coffee--which is weird.  If you know me, you know that I usually have a DD iced coffee everyday once the weather gets warmer.  I guess it's for the best, since we know how hyper JB was as a kid.  I'll keep the caffeine to a minimum!
Gender:  It's a BOY!
Labor Signs: No....thank goodness!
Symptoms: I only get nauseous when I'm hungry.  So, I pretty much always have a snack nearby.  I'm starting to get a bit of the nesting bug!  We're clearing out the nursery room and starting on our registry in the next couple of weeks.
Belly Button in or out? in, but it's definitely disappearing!
Wedding rings on or off? on--My fingers aren't swollen, but my feet sure have been every night.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy :-)
Looking forward to: 6 days off of school for Memorial Day weekend!  Can't wait to have a "Family Fun" weekend celebrating Katie's wedding and PopPop's 90th birthday with lots of family we don't get to see often!

No comments: