Friday, May 25, 2012

Week 20--Gender Reveal Party


I know I am a little behind on my posting!  As I said earlier, Joe and I went to the doctor on May 4th for our Anatomy Scan.  This was a comprehensive ultrasound where the ultrasound technician checked every body part of baby from head to toe.  Everything looks fantastic, and Baby D. is growing right on track.  We chose not to find out the sex of the baby at our doctor's visit.  Instead, we had the technician write it down and seal it in an envelope.  (two envelopes actually--we wanted a backup!)  Then, we dropped it off at Randazzo's Bakery in Somerville.  The baker then created a cake which would be either pink or blue on the inside depending on the information in the envelope. The cake turned out super cute! 

On May 12th, we hosted a Gender Reveal Party at our house. Thank you to all of our family and friends who traveled near and far to be a part of this.  We even had several people on Skype!   Everyone was asked to either wear pink or blue to cast their vote.  They also signed the famous chalkboard too.  After a few hours of enjoying yummy food and time with our family/friends, we cut into the cake!  Here are just a few of my favorite pictures that document our party.  I wish we had taken a pink vs. blue picture and an "expecting mommies" picture.  My BFF Ang is due on July 5th, and Stacey is due four days earlier.  Kelly is due on September 22, and I am due four days later.  So funny how that worked out!  It was such a fun and special way to find out who we will welcome into the world in September.  Enjoy!



On Skype with our sweet friends, Ryan and Melissa, and our god-daughters Elli and Livi!  


It's BLUE!
Molly is on Skype with Andrea so she is a part of it!  LuLu (my mom) is checking the Emergency Envelope to make sure we have a match.  It also says MALE!  Grandma (Linda, Joe's mom)  made the trip all the way from Boston, and she's so excited!  Notice all of the people wearing blue.  Oma cheated--she had blue and pink on!
Yay!  Now, we can start planning the wedding between Baby Girl Edel and Baby Boy Dustin.

Friends since 4th Grade--Love you Am!

Oma is SO excited to meet her great-grandson!

We had a beautiful day!  Erma, PopPop, and Bob are enjoying the sunshine.
At the beginning of the party, we hung up PINK and BLUE balloons.  Then, we cut off the pink ones so everyone could see that IT'S a BOY!














1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

Awe, It’s really great and heart-taking. I’ve loved it. Thinking something like this is really awesome and brings happiness in life. It’s my second month and now I also want to do the same thing. I will talk with my husband and then will throw a small party at one the best Chicago venues.