Monday, February 20, 2012

Turning the Big 3-0

Well...it happened.  I have officially reached the next decade.  I have to say that although my 20's were incredibly memorable with lots of fun and crazy times, I am looking forward to this chapter so much.  Looking back on my 20's, I have memories of
  • going to college and experiencing that whole "grown-up" world for the first time (getting my first apartment, living in a house with 25 other girls--CRAZY!)
  • meeting life-long friends and sorority sisters who I still feel I can call at any moment
  • becoming "legal" and all of the fun that goes with that  :-)
  • experiencing my very first teaching job as a Kindergarten teacher in the same school where I myself attended Kindergarten (what an awesome first year!)
  • taking a leap of faith with my BFF, and moving to Raleighwood to start the next chapter
  • experiencing a whole new world in "the south"....full of "Bless Your Hearts" and "fried food and butter make everything better"
  • meeting the man of my dreams and beginning an awesome life with him (buying our first and second homes), getting married, traveling the world, etc.  It has been quite the adventure!
  •  finally moving back to NJ to be closer to family and friends
And, of course there were many memories in between those, but there are far too many to count!


It was so much easier to make the transition to my 30's, because of the fabulous birthday weekend planned by my sweet hubby, family, and friends!  It started out with a surprise trip to Princeton for the night on Saturday.  JB did not tell me where we were going, but instead he had me driving all over Route 1.  We eventually landed at the Hyatt, and checked into a room.  Then, as I was unpacking my suitcase, out POPPED Andrea from the adjoining room.  I definitely screamed and about had a heart attack!  Her and Mango were there to join us for the night!   We headed out for drinks at Triumph, and then went to the Blue Point Grill for a yummy seafood birthday dinner.  Later, we headed back to the hotel for more champagne and went to "Catch a Rising Star" for a comedy show.  It was such a fun night!  Thank you, Andrea & Matt for coming, and Mom for the comedy show tickets!

The next morning (my actual birthday), we started off with a classic NJ diner breakfast--thank goodness for Pork Roll/Egg/Cheese :-)  Then, we headed to my parents' house for a family birthday celebration.  My mom has always made my birthday so special every year, and this year wasn't any different.  This was the first birthday I've been home in about 6 years.  We enjoyed a nice lunch with my grandparents, parents, and Andrea and Matt.  Then, after birthday cake (funfetti of course!), I was ushered into the living room for a special presentation.  As many of you know, my very thoughtful husband organized many of my family and friends to send in video clips in order to make a special birthday tribute video.  I cried and I laughed, but most of all I was so touched that you all cared so much to do this.  A special shout-out to all of those who sent in videos:  Mom & Dad, Oma & Bob, Andrea & Matt, Mark & Linda, Michael, Chris & Laura, Ryan and Melissa, my favorite twins Elli and Livi, Shelly, the Flan Clan, The Updikes, Tim, Aunt Peggy, Ang, and Joe Boston who put it all together! THANK YOU!  I received so many awesome gifts from my family and friends for my birthday including....


 AND DON'T FORGET...a very big surprise


I know ladies, right??  Oprah and I are sporting the same shoes.  Love them! 

Thank you to everyone who helped me to celebrate my 30th birthday.  It was fantastic, and I can't wait to see what the next decade brings!  Stop back tomorrow to see what I gave myself for my 30th birthday---probably one of the most rewarding gifts ever.  Are you curious yet??  

1 comment:

ep said...

So what is the big surprise gift? Your new couch?